(Great with broccoli slaw, or as a dipping sauce for wontons, egg rolls and other Asian foods.)
Makes about 2 ½ cups of very tasty dressing.
· ½ cup soy sauce
· ½ cup rice wine vinegar
· ¼ cup honey
· ¼ cup vegetable oil
· ¾ cup pineapple chunks
· 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
· 1 tablespoon (dehydrated) onion flakes
· ¾ tablespoon garlic powder
· ¾ tablespoon ground ginger
· ½ tablespoon sesame oil
· Freshly ground pepper and sea salt to taste
· In a measuring cup or small bowl, combine the pineapple chunks and onion flakes until the onions are reconstituted.
· Once the onions are reconstituted, combine all of the ingredients in a blender and blend on high speed for several minutes, to ensure the mixture is fully aerated.
· Use this fresh dressing to either dress your salad/slaw, or serve it as a dipping sauce for wontons, crab Rangoon or similar Asian foods.
· Place the leftover dressing is a clear glass mason jar – or a similarly sealed glass jar – and use within a week.
· Because this is a relatively low-fat dressing, it will not separate as easily as other dressings; nonetheless, it needs to be stored in a glass jar that you can shake and re-aerate the mixture.
Enjoy every bite!