Alice’s Chicken Italiano
Serves six to eight.
Total time: Approximately 1 –1 ¼ hours,
not counting the time for marinating.
30 minutes (prep); 45 minutes (cook).
lbs. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into strips
1 bottle of flavorful
green pepper, finely chopped
small onion, diced
cans (14-1/2 oz.) stewed tomatoes, undrained
dry red wine, such as Cabernet or Chianti.
freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Marinate the chicken breasts in a bottle of
quality Italian dressing, and let them sit for at least six hours or
- Warm a large skillet.
- Place the marinated chicken into the pan with
the green pepper, garlic and onions and brown on all sides. (Note: If the meat sticks to the pan,
add some of the marinade or a little water to the pan.)
- Place the browned meat in a roasting pan.
- Deglaze the skillet with the stewed tomatoes
and dry red wine.
- Place the wine/tomato mixture over the
- Sprinkle the meat with the freshly grated
- Cover the pan and cook for 30 minutes in the
oven at 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Serve with your favorite pasta and salad.
Copyright 2007, Alice C. Dames, www.alicedames.com. All rights
reserved. This recipe cannot be
published elsewhere without express permission.